Verbena is reopening on July 20, 2020! We are so excited to see you all again! Please take a peek below at our new, Covid-19 guidelines, and prepare for your next visit.
Hello to our Verbena Family!
As you may know, Spas have been given the go ahead to open in Connecticut with several restrictions. We can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel and we cannot wait to get back into the Spa and see you all again! We have been working around the clock to restructure our Services and offerings to fit within State guidelines, and we are thrilled to share that we will be reopening on July 20, 2020! Here’s how our reopening will work:
60 Minute Massages and Reflexology will reopen as of Monday, July 20
Acupuncture will reopen as of August 6
Our Facials, 30 / 90 Minute Massages, and Salt Room will not be available at this time.
We are unable to book Couples Massages at this time
We are going above and beyond to ensure that our space and services are safe, sanitary, and serene! In lieu of several extra cleaning protocols - a $10 Covid Cleaning Fee will be added to the cost of each Service.
Please watch this short, two minute video to get familiar with the new Guidelines, or read through the list Guidelines below!
Ready to book? We can’t wait to see you!
Things we will ask our Clients to do:
• Our couches and waiting areas are closed. When you arrive for your appointment please wait in your car until our Receptionist calls you. Please arrive to the parking lot a few minutes early, so that we can get your appointment started right on time.
• Wear a mask upon entering the building. Our Reception Staff and Therapists will be wearing masks, as well.
Please keep your mask ON upon entering the Treatment Room and continue wearing it until you’re laying down on the table.
• Before lying down on the table, please apply hand sanitizer.
• You can then lie face down on the table, and remove your mask (just go ahead and tuck it under the sheet, as you’ll need it later on in your service!). We have created a draping system around our face cradles which will allow you plenty of breathing room and comfort while face down, but will still keep air flow contained.
• When you go to flip over on the table and turn to face up, your Therapist will ask you to put your mask on (this is why you’ll want to keep it tucked into the sheet while you’re on the table). If you happen to forget to bring your mask onto the table, we can provide one for a charge of $3.
• When your service is finished, please head right to the front desk. Unfortunately, we are unable to serve tea or water at this time and our cafe area will be closed. Please stand on the floor markings and maintain a 6’ distance from other clients / staff.
• We are not able to accept cash payments at this time. If you would like to tip your Therapist with cash - PLEASE BRING EXACT CHANGE. Our Receptionists will provide you with an envelope and you can place the cash inside. :)
• For the safety of both you and our staff, we will be employing a touchless payment system. Upon booking your appointment, you will be required to provide a credit card number. Your card will not be charged until the end of your appointment, and you are welcome to add gratuity to your card. Unfortunately, our reception team cannot swipe your card for you - so cards must be provided over the phone at the time of booking.
• There will be a 30 minute window between each appointment to allow adequate time for cleaning the space. Please note that a $10 Covid Cleaning Fee will be added to the cost of your Service.
Things we will ask our Staff to do:
• Therapists will be required to wear masks at all times, including during your Services. Therapists will also wear protective eyewear during the appointment
• Therapists will wash and sanitize their hands before entering the room, and will not touch any surface prior to beginning the Massage or Acupuncture Service.
• Therapists will wash and sanitize their hands immediately after the service has ended
• The room will then be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized
• Therapists will wear plastic gowns, gloves, and goggles while cleaning up the linens and sanitizing the space.
• Linens will be professionally laundered (as always!) with hot, soapy water
• Each touch point (door handles, hand sanitizer bottles, tables, seats, etc) will be sanitized
• Chairs in the Treatment Rooms have been protected with vinyl chair covers and chair covers will be wiped down and sanitized after your treatment.
• Therapists will then remove and dispose of the plastic gowns, gloves, and goggles and will wash their hands again with hot, soapy water all the way up to their elbows (lots of handwashing!).
• Receptionists will be required to wear masks throughout the duration of their shift, and we will have a plexi-glass shield in front of our desk.
• Bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized several times throughout the shift
• The Reception area will be cleaned and sanitized every 30 minutes, and pens / clipboards will be sanitized after each use.
Staffing is somewhat limited at this time and email is the best form of communication, as we have not always been in the office to answer the phone. Please email us at and we will get back to you within 1-2 business days. :)
Monthly Replenishment Plan Members: a detailed email was sent to you on 6/26/20 in regards to your Memberships and Accounts. If you did not receive it, please contact us at info@VerbenaHolisticCenter.com.
Ready to book? We can’t wait to see you!